Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've Been On The "DL"

About 2 weeks ago I woke up from an mid afternoon nap with the left side of my back hurting. Somehow I had pulled a muscle. I tried to put heat on it overnight but it didn't seem to get better. After this past Sunday I realized my back wasn't getting any better.

Regrettably I decided that I had to do what I usually do when my back is hurting this long. I had to take myself out of "the game", go on the disabled list (or "DL" for short) and just rest for a couple of days. I have been taking muscle relaxers and a pain pills for the past 2 days. I am quite a bit better now but still in some pain.

Over the last 2 days because of the pills I must have slept most of the day. The medicines just knock me out. My wife says when it comes to medications that make you sleepy I'm a "lightweight".

I feel good enough to get back into doing things again. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get some errands run and work on some things here at the house. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I was down and out for a couple of days which is why there hasn't been any posts since Sunday. I'll get back to writing on a regular basis when I feel better.

No comments: