Saturday, July 5, 2008

2008 Highlights...So Far

At one minute past midnight on July 2 the year 2008 was officially half over. 183 days gone, 183 days to go. To me the completion of another half of a year is a bench mark. It’s a time to look at what has happened in my life so far this year. There's been a lot of things that have happened. My life has changed quite a bit since January 1. I can't begin to mention all of them. That would take a book not a blog post. However I am a man of lists. So here is my list of what I consider to be the top 20 most significant events for me in the first half of 2008.

They are not in any specific order of importance they are all significant to me. Although I did try to put specific events in as much of a chronological order as possible. They aren’t numbered but there are 20 of them.

1. Participating in the Crown Financial Bible study at church

2. Making contact again with my God son, Chris, through letters

3. My sisters both having surgery: one has gastric by pass surgery in February and the other had knee replacement surgery in May

4. Creating a practice area in the house to practice my ventriloquism

5. Reading the books “What is A Healthy Church” and “Personal Evangelism” both by Mark Dever

6. Getting my special “talking” dry erase board to use in my ventriloquism act.

7. Seeing my first professional hockey game in Nashville

8. Discontinued teaching Children’s Church on a weekly basis

9. Seeing ventriloquists Taylor Mason (at Zanies in Nashville) and David Pendelton (at a church in Beaver Dam, KY) perform live.

10. Losing my job at Perot Systems

11. Creating my RH Factors blog

12. James being deployed to Iraq

13. Purchasing a turtle and owl Axtel puppet from a local puppet group

14. Living in a 2 person household after Michael buys a house and starts moving out

15. Going to see the documentary “Expelled” with my friend Brent

16. Reading aloud and performing ventriloquism twice at the local public library

17. Teaching a class of 4 & 5 year olds for Vacation Bible School at church

18. Singing the song “Statue of Liberty” in church

19. Singing a “duet” as part of a ventriloquist performance at church

20. Going to a seminar for Bariatric surgery and considering a lap band

No comments: