Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Going To I-Fest

There will be no posts the rest of this week. Tomorrow morning I am leaving for Chicago to attend a ventriloquist training festival called “I-Fest”.

It’s a week long festival but I am going for what they call “Superfest” which is Thursday through Saturday. The event is sponsored and facilitated by a company called “One Way Street.” They are a large supplier of puppets, materials, and supplies for Christian puppeteers.

The event is being held on the campus of Olivet Nazarene University about 40 miles outside of Chicago. This will be my first time and I’m not sure what to expect. However I am excited about going. I know that Steve Axtel, the man who runs the company that made my turtle and owl puppet will be there. I’m hoping I’m familiar with some other ventriloquists too. I know it’s going to be a learning experience.

Anyway I will leave my house at about 7AM on Thursday and not be back until Sunday some time. Don’t worry though I plan on taking lots of pictures and I’m sure I’ll have lots of stories to tell and pictures to share when I get back.

No comments: