Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Paula

Today is my wife Paula's birthday. For the next 10 weeks we are the same age; at least in whole numbers. As a wise and considerate husband I will not reveal her age.

My wife is truly my soul mate. She is the Love of My Life. The story of our romance is one that would truly make a decent movie for the Lifetime cable channel (is putting "decent movie" and "Lifetime Channel" in the same phrase an oxymoron?)

I don't even want to think about what my life would be like without her. As a matter of fact I will forever treasure how she saved me when I really needed to be rescued. I don't discount the fact that God brought us together and that His hand was on us all the time. But if Paula hadn't been there I wouldn't be here today. I mean that emotionally, spiritually, geographically, and any other way I could mention.

I know I'm posting this message late on her special day but due to her responsibilities at work I wasn't able to make this day very special for her. So long after July 1 has come and gone I want her to be able to come back to this post and be able to read this Love Letter I leave for her now:

My Sweetest Paula,

You mean everything to me. I love you with all my heart and soul. You encourage, support, and help me to be the person God wants me to be. As we walk together into a new phase in our lives and individually struggle to make decisions that could make the days ahead better I want you to know this. I'll be holding your hand all the way; for we are "one" in the eyes of God.

I Will Love You Always & Forever,

Ron

No comments: