Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Guest Appearance On “Newsy Vents”

One of the blogs I read on a daily basis is written by a man named Clinton Detweiler. He is an icon in the world of ventriloquism. For over 3 decades he ran the school that provided the Maher Home Study Course of Ventriloquism. While the school is now closed its effects are still present in the world of ventriloquism. Many successful “vents” of today (like Jeff Dunham for example) learned the art from Clinton Detweiler and his correspondence courses.

Although he’s supposed to be retired Clinton still builds and repairs “vent” figures and creates puppets for many ordinary objects. He also writes a blog called “Newsy Vents.” It was the posts about his work that inspired me to create my Blabber Mouth puppet (see August 2 post).

Earlier this month I wrote him an email to thank him for the inspirational help with my new character. He graciously published that email on his blog on August 24th. If you want to read the post you can see it at: www.newsyvents.blogspot.com/ .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ron...you're so right about Clinton. He's a "stand up" guy. One of the best in the world of ventriloquism.

As a sidenote, my thoughts & prayers are with your son. My son too is in the service. He's a "lifer" in the Air Force (12yrs). He's been over in the middle east a few times. A father like you, I understand where you are.

All the best to you & your family.

Steve Hurst
Webmaster
www.ventriloquistcentral.com