Monday, August 18, 2008

Late Night Talk With James

Just before going to bed right just prior to midnight last night I signed onto the AOL to check out a job lead I found in the Sunday paper. I was fortunate enough to see that my son, James, who's serving with the KY National Guard MP's in Iraq, was signed onto AOL instant messager. I had never communicated with him that way before and I was excited to catch him.

I updated him on what's going on here. He wanted to know about his pets and how they're doing. I told him that some time this week we would be sending some beef jerky that his aunt made for him. He told me that he can't wait to be back home again and he misses everything to do with being here. He asked for pictures of all of us and of things here at home. I promised him I'd take some and send them to him. While he did say he really missed being home he also said that he understood that that was part of being a soldier.

So please continue to pray for James and all the service men stationed in Iraq. If you have his email address send him a line and tell him what's going on. If you have his mail address and want to bless him send him something that will remind him of home. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

No comments: