Friday, August 15, 2008

Rewind Inventory

Yesterday I started recording my Rewind programs onto CD. I just started by pulling the first two tapes out of the case and recording them. I have the tapes organized in the order I recorded them. They are all numbered and labeled. However, because some programs take up more than one cassette I only knew how many tapes I had not the number of programs.

Today I took inventory. I wrote and produced a total of 38 "Rewind" shows. This includes 5 different Christmas tapes and a tribute to the my dad featuring much his favorite music. Those are among my favorites. As of yesterday I have 3 of them on CD. I had already had the last 2 shows featuring Country music put on CD back in 2001. So the CD conversion project is in progress from both ends of my tape library.

The spreadsheet I created while taking the tape inventory will be helpful in the conversion. With the 36 I have yet to transition I know I've got a lot more hours of work ahead of me. But I recorded the Rewind shows between the years 1986 and 2002. To me they are audio snapshots of 16 years of my life and well worth the effort to preserve them.

No comments: