Monday, September 29, 2008

Catching Up From The Weekend

Didn’t find the time to sit down and write a post this weekend. There was a lot going on.

Of course Friday night we went to see the movie “Fireproof.” Saturday was clean up day around our house. With only 2 weeks before our big family weekend (see Sept 7 post) there’s still a lot of stuff to do around here.

Saturday night was our annual church event called “The Beast Feast.” It’s a time when the men of the church get together and grill what ever kind of wild game they happen to bring. I got there late and didn’t stay long. There wasn’t anything left that I wanted to eat and I wasn’t interested in the UK vs WKU football game they were watching. I came home and watched the movie “Evan Almighty” with my wife.

On Sunday morning our church had its annual Sunday School picnic. This year it was at a park near our local high school. There was a concert by a local gospel quartet called “The Crossmen” and then lunch was served. There was lots of food and desserts. There was also lots of sun. Both Paula and I got a bit of sunburn.

After the picnic Paula took me to Midas to pick up our Oldsmobile. It was in the shop for repairs 3 times this month. After over $1000 worth of work it runs better but now there’s a problem with the power steering. It’s going to have to go back to get that looked at.

Paula went on to work and I went to a movie. I saw the action film “Eagle Eye.” It was good with lots of action. It was kind of like a cross between the movies “War Games” and “Enemy of the State.” It’s a good “guy” film.

I spent the rest of the afternoon at home watching the Washington Redskins defeat the Dallas Cowboys 26-24. It was the first time this season I got to watch my favorite NFL team win.

The rest of the day wasn’t very eventful. My wife worked until about 9 o’clock. I spent the evening working on various things on the computer and watching television.

The last weekend of September 2008 is history. My plans for the up coming week include looking for a job, cleaning up the house, leading the children’s music time at church on Wednesday night, and going to the doctor for my 2nd monthly weight-loss-effort check up.

I know not much of that sounds very interesting but keep reading this blog October’s going to be a month full special events and I’ll keep you “posted” on it all.

No comments: