Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Special Message To “Anonymous”

This post is written for one specific person. That person is the one who has been leaving comments as “Anonymous” on my blog posts since the beginning of the month. I ask that those of you who read this blog on a regular basis and aren't "Anonymous" allow me this one specifically addressed post.I feel the need to write a very important letter to someone who doesn't agree with what I write in this blog. Thank you for your understanding.

Mr. Anonymous,

First of all I would like to say “thank you” for going back and reading all my blog posts. When it comes to blogging the key is to get people to read what you’ve written. You have helped me accomplish that. Most importantly you are reading about the things God is doing in my life.

You are entitled to your opinions and I respect your right to express them. I can understand how a man who is blinded to God’s truths by the sin in his own life would consider what I write to be foolishness. The Bible mentions in several places that those who are “of the world” (meaning not followers of Jesus Christ) see God’s wisdom and truth as foolishness.

If you think your comments hurt me you are right to some degree. The things I write about on this blog leave me vulnerable to the insensitivity of those who disagree with what I state as truth. However they are not my truths they are God's truths. Your harsh words may be aimed at me but they are really directed toward God and His Son. The conflict you have with Him you’re going to have to fight apart from me. (I’ll give you a hint: God will win)

If my words stir up such negative feelings in you perhaps it’s because I’m hitting a nerve somewhere in your soul. I’m declaring the truth to your sinful nature and it’s rebelling against it. Satan has a strong hold on your life and he doesn’t want to let it go.

Nevertheless I don’t have any negative feelings for you. Your words are evidence to me that I am being persecuted because I am proclaiming how God’s truth is transforming my life. I want you to know that even though I may not know who you are I love you with the love of The Lord. I will pray for you. Why do I say that? Because Jesus Christ commanded in Matthew 5:44 “…Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

In Romans 12:14 the apostle Paul writes “Bless those who persecute you.” If there is any way I can show you kindness or friendship I will not hesitate to do so. My goal is to find a way to bless you, Anonymous

Just one last thing I want to tell you. I have adjusted my blog settings so that any future comments you send will not be displayed until I approve them. However they will come directly to my email box. You can also email me directly by using the contact link in my profile. I’m not cutting you off completely but I am monitoring your activity on MY blog. I will be glad to engage you in debating ideas and truths but I won’t let my blog become a forum just for that purpose. It’s intended to be something other than that and it’s my responsibility to maintain its integrity. So you will no longer see your comments on my blog.

I’m challenging you to come out from behind the screen of anonymity and start a two sided dialog about your opinions and beliefs. Are you up to the challenge?

God Bless You. Remember God loves you. Jesus Christ died for your sins and I’m praying for you.

No comments: