Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night Gives Glimpse Of Future World Leader

The election is over and there is a new President-Elect of the United States. The people of this great country have spoken and it can't be changed now.

I watched the election returns from the moment they started here in Kentucky. The network I watched for 95% of the evening was ABC. There is a lot of things I could comment about in regard to the way the event was covered and presented but that's not what this post is about.

I would like to write about something I don't think I've ever seen happen during a Presidential Election in this country before. I've seen it happening in other countries through news reports but not here in the USA.

What I mean is the response of the people. Last night there were thousands of people who came out to various locations to "celebrate" the election of their candidate. I'm not talking the ballroom of the hotel where the candidate was watching the results or the victorious party's campaign headquarters. People gathered to watch and celebrate these election results in places like Times Square in New York City, Grant Park in Chicago, African American churches throughout the south, African American colleges around the country, and even Pennsylvania Avenue outside the White House. When I say "people" I'm not just talking a few thousand. I'm talking hundreds of thousands of people around the country.

Diane Sawyer of ABC news kept saying that the streets of Times Square were "carpeted with people." Charles Gibson kept commenting that it was like New Year's Eve and that there would have been even more people if the city had shut down the streets.

While the celebration in Grant Park in Chicago was an organized event the amount of people there was unbelievable for just a celebration of an election. There were helicopter shots of streams of people who had parked at least a mile away walking to the park into a crowd that was already 50 yards deep in front of the podium.

From what I know the crowd in front of the White House was just a spontaneous gathering. Nevertheless they were there to celebrate the fact that someone they believe in and voted for had won the right to take over residency.

The reason for all these gatherings was the unprecedented emotional connection of the people with their hope in their candidate. The voter's belief in Barrack Obama was not just in him as a presidential candidate promising change. Quite a few elections have been won by men on that platform before. There was a palpable spiritual and emotional commitment to and belief in him.

In an interview with ABC news Oprah Winfrey said that she would have lost part of her soul if she had not given everything she could to back Obama to become president. She even quoted a verse from the Bible to back up her reasoning. (Matthew 16:26 which was taken totally out of context by the way)

I believe it is safe for me to say that as a leader Barrak Obama is different than any other president we've ever elected. I believe people will follow and support him blindly no matter what he does. I say this because of the passion and commitment I saw and heard voiced from his supporters last night. He in so many ways validates a lot of people in this country.
Now I've written all of that to write this. I recently was asked by someone if I thought Barrak Obama was the Anti-Christ written about in the Bible. My answer was that while the Bible does give details of the Anti-Christ in the books of Daniel and Revelation but he will not come into power until after the Church of Jesus Christ has been removed from the earth. This "removal" is otherwise known as “The Rapture”. It is explained by the Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 17. Since I am a born again Christian and I am still here writing this blog obviously the rapture has not taken place; even though "the stage" has been set for it for some time now.
Truth is there is no way anyone knows who the Anti-Christ is or may be. But the one thing that the reaction to the election of Barrack Obama does show us is how a multitude of people can commit themselves to a leader in whom they passionately believe.
The Bible says that the entire world will fall in love with the Anti-Christ. They will believe anything he says and do anything he tells them to do. He will be a beloved leader of the entire world.
Up until last night I was not sure that something like that could ever happen in this country. In addition the ABC news coverage didn't just show the celebrations of people in the United States. They covered similar reactions of the people in Kenya (Obama's father's country of origin), and the rest of the globe. The world's reaction to Obama is, to a lesser degree, the same as it is here. They love him.
Now I'm not in the least bit insinuating that our 44th President is the Anti-Christ. I have already written the reasons that cannot be determined. But if there was ever a doubt in a Christian's or non-Christian's mind that there couldn't ever be any one leader in this world that would stir the hearts and gain the loyalties of people throughout the world they'd better take a closer look at what happened on Election Night 2008 in the United States of America.

No comments: