Monday, November 3, 2008

November…So Far

It’s the 3rd day of November and this is my first post for the month. You may have been wondering where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing.

On Saturday, the 1st, I attended a luncheon meeting at my church. The purpose of this meeting was to get to meet and ask questions of the candidate for associate pastor. Our church has been without an associate since the end of last year when my friend, Brent, left that position.

On Saturday evening my wife and I went out to her step brother’s house for a birthday party and cook out. There were 8 adults and several teenagers there. The fire was nice and warm. There was chili, hot dogs, roasted marshmallows, Smores, and birthday cake on the menu. Most of the night was spent sitting around talking, telling stories, discussing life and enjoying the fire. It was the most relaxing and enjoyable evening away from our house that we’ve had in a while. It was also special because up until 2 years ago Paula never had the chance to spend time with her family. The joy of having her family back in her life is one of the best gifts God has given my wife since we’ve been married.

On Sunday, the 2nd, the associate pastor candidate read some scripture and talked a bit during the morning worship service. Afterwards our church had a special business meeting and voted to offer him the position. I believe he’s going to start the job in January. I helped hand out and collect the ballots during the meeting. Afterwards I helped tally the votes.

Today, the 3rd, I did two things. I spent some time at church talking with some woman in a group called “Mom Time.” They are a group of “stay at home mothers” who get together each Monday for about 3 hours to have lunch, socialize and study God’s word.

I had to stop by and give some children’s church material to one of the mom’s who attends. After I got there the women asked me if I could stick around and answer some questions and help them with their meeting. I’d tell you more details but I’ve been sworn to secrecy.

The rest of my day was spent in town running errands: shopping for groceries, making bank deposits, getting food for James’ pet lizard. Those things don’t sound very exciting but they needed to be done.

Anyway, that should get you caught up on what’s been going on with me so far this month. Sorry I haven’t posted anything for a few days. I’ve not really had anything that exciting to write about. Hopefully with tomorrow being Election Day I’ll see something really good while I’m at the polls so I can write about it. Catch Ya Later.

No comments: