Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Disney Days" Deleted

On January 16 when I started writing posts about the 5th anniversary of our family trip to Disney World I was very excited about the opportunity. It's place in my past and the reflection that came with the 5-year anniversary suddenly became very important to me. Thinking and writing about Disney World had returned to a place of priority in my life that it hadn't held in a couple of years.

To make a long story short, about 2 years ago a decision by the Disney corporation to allow same sex couples to have the same "wedding celebrations" at Disney world as male/female couples really made me question my interests in "all things Disney." I decided that because of that policy I wasn't going to invest any more of my life or money in anything to do with Disney World. Making that decision to step away from such a strong interest in Disney helped me gain perspective. I realized just how much of my life and money was vested in my futile Disney endeavors. Getting away from Disney allowed other more important things to take their place in my life; especially ministry and spiritual growth.

Having explained that I didn't see any conflict in my decision to write about our Disney vacation
on this blog because of the occasion of the 5th anniversary. What made it seem all the more appropriate was that I was looking for lasting and important lessons from my experiences in "The World." But after writing about the 3rd day I realized that the time and effort I was taking and the importance I was putting on the daily reviews was returning Disney to the wrong place in my life.

So to make a long post even longer I just wanted to let my readers know that I didn't forget to write about the other 4 days of our Disney vacation. I just examined my decision to write the about it and decided that even a short series of posts brought me back to a mindset that I didn't want to get into again. It got my focus off of what is happening in my life now and what God wants me to be doing and wants me to teach me. As a believer that's not the way for me to go.

So in my next post I'll do my best to catch up on some of the (what I consider) exciting things that have been happening in my life this past week or so. I look forward to sharing with you.

No comments: