Thursday, July 16, 2009

Best Cake I've Never Eaten

On January 20 of this year the Pleasant View Baptist Church just a couple of blocks from my house burned down. Well nearly 7 months later a group of workers from churches across the state are in town to help the members of that church build their new building.

Our church is helping to support our brothers and sisters of Pleasant View Baptist by providing supper for the workers tomorrow night.

Paula volunteered to help with the food for the supper by making a dessert.
She looked at the things she had in her pantry and decided that with a trip to the grocery store for just a few items she would be able to make pineapple upside down cake. Which is probably my favorite cake dessert of all time. German chocolate cake runs a close 2nd but pineapple upside down takes the cake.

She asked me if I it would bother me if she fixed it. I told her "no" it would not bother me. There's no way I could even consider having a piece of it because of my new gastric system.

I must tell you that the two cakes turned out to be probably the best cakes she's ever made. They looked so great and smelled so wonderful. They were absolutely the best cakes I've never had.

I'm sure that the men who will include a slice of my wife's pineapple upside down cake tomorrow night for supper will be more than blessed by its deliciousness. Even though I couldn't have any of it I'm so grateful that they turned out so well.


No comments: