Friday, August 7, 2009

Dog Day In August


According to Wikipedia, the phrase "Dog Days", refers to the hottest, most sultry days of summer. Well yesterday was a warm day with a high temperature of 84 but that's not why it was a "Dog Day" for me.

I know I've written about starting to take my dogs for a walk this week already, but yesterday I took it to the next level. I had been walking them individually; each one time around the cemetery. Today I took them both at the same time. This took me about 20 minutes.

With that completed, most of the rest of the day was spent doing other things for my dogs as well. I took their crates outside onto our car port, sprayed them down, and washed them. Then I vacuumed and mopped the area of the room where the crates are kept.

Later, about 9:30PM I gave each of them a bath. The most difficult thing about this is getting them into the bathroom. Once I take their collars off and head toward the bathroom they both realize they what's about to happen. This is not something they want to volunteer for. They hide and try to go anywhere but the bathroom. I usually end up carrying them to the tub.

So at the end of this "Dog Day" my two canine pets now have a clean living space, clean crates, food bowls, and water containers. They are clean, fluffy and smell a whole lot better. That makes life for all residence in this house, both animal and human, a whole lot happier.

No comments: