Sunday, August 2, 2009

Performance At Community Days

Yesterday about 2:15 PM I performed a short ventriloquist act in front of small crowd outside the local IGA grocery store. It was part of the IGA Community Days.

I did routines with 2 characters: Cecil the turtle and Harley the Gnarly beach towel. That character was drawn on my magic talking dry erase board.

It had been nearly 2 months since my last performance and it was the my first "post surgery" performance. I was the last event at a 4 hour event on a very warm summer afternoon. So the crowd was pretty tired and didn't react the way I'd have liked them too. But overall just getting out there and performing again was a good thing for me.

In addition it was the first time I'd ever set up and used a PA system at a performance. Good practice for the future.







No comments: