Saturday, November 21, 2009

Moving "The Big Weight"


I reached another weight loss milestone on the way to my goal. Today I got to "move the big weight." Let me explain what I mean.

When you go to the doctor or hospital most of the time you are asked to step on a scale. These days most scales are digital but some are still the old fashioned balance scales that's pictured here.
I'm sure you're all familiar with this type of scale.

On the scale there's a little weight at the top. It weights 0 -50 pounds. At the bottom is a bigger, heavier weight. It weighs in 50 pound increments going from 0-300. That's the big weight I'm referring to.

This morning when I stood on my talking digital scale (thankfully it only tells you what you weigh and doesn't comment saying things like "Ouch", "What have you been eating?" or "One at a time, please") and it told me that I weighed under 300 pounds.

For the first time in over 9 years I can say I weigh less than 300 pounds. This means several significant things to me. First, next time I get on a balance scale, probably the next time I go to the gym to swim, I'll be able to get on it and move "the big weight" down a notch.

Second, the weight I've lost after surgery is the most I've ever lost on any single diet.

The third, I'm now at a lower weight than I was at the peak of success of my last weight loss effort with LA Weight Loss. I fell just short of being able to "move the big weight" with that program but that's no longer a problem.

I'm humbled and blessed by the success I've had so far in losing weight. I have now lost a total of 105 pounds since March 20th of this year. That's a significant success but only to a certain degree.

My next milestone is going to be getting to the halfway point of my weight loss goal. I've got about 8 pounds to get there. I'd like to do that before I go back to my surgeon for my 5 month visit. That's on December 10th. If I don't make it then I pray that, with God's help, I'll make it by the Christmas or at the latest by the end of the year.

No comments: