Friday, November 27, 2009

A Productive Friday


With today being "Black Friday" I was one of those who chose not to fight the crowds in search of a bargin. I didn't even get up early. For the first time since I can remember I slept past 7AM this morning.

At 11 o'clock I put on my sneakers and walked my dog, Angel, to her appointment at the vet's office. She wasn't sick just had to get a check up and get her nails cut.

It was the first time since I've been walking the dogs that it was just her and me. It was a fun time.

The main thing I wanted to find out at the vet was how much Angel weighs now. I got her to sit on the scale and was very happy with the results. She now weights 54 pounds. She's lost 3 pounds since her last visit in September. She's lost a total of 13 pounds since I started taking her to the vet here in town.

That means she's lost 19.4% of her body weight over the last 18 months. That's equal to me losing 45 pounds. Dr. Thomas told me that when he first came into the examination room he wasn't sure she was the same dog because she looked so different. He gave both Angel and me "a gold star" .
When got back home from the vet I saw my wife outside cleaning out the flowerbeds. She wants them to be clean and looking nice so we can put up our outside Christmas decorations and lights in a couple of days. She worked off and on from noon until about 4:30 when it got dark. She got most of the job done. She put in a great day's work filling almost half a dozen large trash bags with weeds, trimmings and leaves.

We then went out to our storage barn and got some of the outside Christmas decorations. Paula wants to put them up tomorrow while I'm at work. She's really in the decorating spirit.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on my CD copying project (more about that in a future post), paying the last of the bills for November, and cleaning out and organizing the closet where I keep all my vent stuff.

We also rearranged our temporary television set up. We have our bedroom TV in the living room because the big screen Samsung needs repairs. A repairman isn't coming until next Thursday. We moved the temp TV from the back left corner of the living room so we can put up the Christmas tree. We also moved the bedroom DVD to the living room so we can begin the 2009 Ron Havens' Holiday Film Festival. I'll explain that in tomorrow's post. We spent the rest of the evening watching Christmas specials on DVD

Today was the last day of my end-of-the-year vacation from work. Over the last 9 days I've only had to work one. Tomorrow I start back to my regular schedule with Thursday & Fridays off. That won't too bad because of how the holidays fall.

I also have 5 more vacation days to take in the month of December. I have 2 of them approved and have requested the other 3. If I don't use them I'll lose them. That's not going to happen if I can help it.

No comments: