Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Christmas Eve Message


On this Christmas eve day I could write a post that "preaches" the true meaning of Christmas. Although I would do my best I probably wouldn't really be able to write anything you haven't read or heard before.

So today I'm going to let my special Christmas message come from one of my favorite preachers, Alister Begg. He is the Scottish born man who preaches on the gospel program "Truth For Life" out of Cleavleand, Ohio.

The message is called "Why God Sent His Son." The scripture basis for this sermon is not from the books of Matthew or Luke (the two gospels with accounts of Christ's birth) but rather from the book of Galatians, chapter 4.

This sermon is perhaps the best I've very heard Alister Begg preach. I know it's one of the most effective, unique and true perspectives on the birth of Christ in God's plan of salvation.

I know you probably don't have the time today or tomorrow to sit and listen to this sermon but I highly recommend that sometime during the next week you listen to it. It will really touch your heart and your life.

Here's the link to the audio and free down loadable MP 3 version of the sermon: http://www.truthforlife.org/resources/message/why-god-sent-his-son/

Consider this my Christmas present to all my blog readers. There's nothing more important than the gospel message brought forth by Alister Begg in this sermon.

It is my prayer that God will richly bless you and your family during the Christmas holiday and through the rest of the year. Just let me end by reminding you that Christmas is an announcement not an appeal. To find out what that means listen to the sermon.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: