Thursday, December 31, 2009

No Reviews Is Good News

It's the last day of 2009 and the end of the first decade of the 2000's. I know in previous posts I've promised a review of both of those periods of time but once again I've changed my mind.

As has been my habit, I had actually planned to review both the decade and the year each with a lengthy post about it's events and the effects they've had on my life. But over the last week I've decided against that. I am going to let the past be the past and to look forward to the future.

The Bible says in Hebrews 12:1 that Christians are to "run with patience the race that is before us" not focus on what is behind. The apostle Paul in his letter to the Corinthian church tells us to run our "race" with the goal of obtaining "the prize". You can't do that if you are busy looking behind you. Therefore I'm going make it my goal to start looking more to the road ahead and less to what's behind. That doesn't mean I won't reminisce or try to find things that remind me of my past. That's just something I really enjoy. But I won't dwell on the past. I'm looking forward to the future.

Both this decade and this year have been the start of a new phase of life for me. I will always remember the work God has done in me over these times because those changes are now part of my life and my character.

I will say that I am proud of the 125 pounds I've lost this year and that I treasure the relationship and marriage Paula and I have cultivated over the last decade. I am also thankful that God has led me back into the fold of His Kingdom.

That's all I'm going to write about the past in this last post of the year. If you wish to do so, I invite you to review the 2009 posts on this blog and you'll get a better idea of what the year was like for me. I'm going to move forward and go for the trophy of giving glory to God. I will strive to accomplish this through obedience, service, and doing the work it takes to accomplish His will for my life. It is my prayer that your faith in Jesus Christ will lead you to do the same.

If you are not a born again believer in Jesus Christ it is my prayer that in the coming year that the Holy Spirit will drawl you closer to God, lead you to repentance from your sin, spark a belief in Jesus as your personal savior, and a new life of faith as a child of God.

Happy New Year. Be safe. and God Bless.

No comments: