Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rewind Christmas Gifts

On October 31st I announced the completion of my Rewind Restoration Project. This allowed me to send my family and friends a special present this holiday season.

Of the 34 Rewind shows I recorded 5 of them are devoted to Christmas music. They focus on "the sounds of the season" and the traditions of Christmas time.

My sisters and their families really enjoy Christmas music. It's always been a key ingredient in their December celebrations. I also have several friends who like it as well.

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving I started copying Rewind Christmas CDs on my computer. Over the next week I created over 110 CDs for 7 different people. I mailed them to Pennsylvania and California on Thursday December 3rd. My friends and family in Pennsylvania received their packages on Saturday the 5th. Their arrival was perfect timing because it was the day both of my sisters were decorating their houses. My friend in California, Mary, got hers a few days later.

I know it might seem a little egotistical for me to send CDs with my voice introducing Christmas music to people as gifts but my only intention is to help make their holiday season more enjoyable. I prayed before I mailed each package that the CDs would bless everyone who hears them. If I could be there to play the music for them myself I would.

Sending the Rewind Christmas programs across the miles helps all of us to remember the holidays of our past and feel a bit closer in the present. This was affirmed by way of a comment my niece Marci wrote on my Facebook page: " (The CDs) bring a little of you here for Christmas!! " For me being with my family in Pennsylvania at Christmas, no matter the means, is a gift that's priceless.

No comments: