Saturday, January 9, 2010

Moving Forward with "All In"Ventriloquism


In the game of poker when a player is sure he can win the game he pushes all his chips to the center of the table and goes "all in". He's committing all he has at stake. He's either victorious or he's broke. There's no two ways about it. He's putting all his faith in the cards he's been dealt.
Over the past couple of days I've watched DVDs featuring 2 of my favorite ventriloquists: Taylor Mason and Terry Fator. As much as I love both music and ventriloquism, I believe my niche on stage falls very close to Terry Fator's style.Taylor Mason is a very unique entertainer as well. His approach to his act is "off the beaten path" from main stream ventriloquism.
Watching them both and the success of their acts compels me to work harder and get better at performing. I really need to be fully committed to my ventriloquism.

Now I know I've been "singing this same song" on this blog for a while but it only means that my desires are true and I am struggling with doing it. It's very similar to how I used to be with losing weight and exercising.

So today while the year is still relatively new I'm going to put my life focus on ventriloquism. I'm going "all in". It's not going to be just one of my hobbies it's going to be my passion.

In the past I've diligently pursued and accomplished projects that took effort, focus, and commitment. Converting my Rewind programs to CD, creating yearbooks for 4 years of my life, planning a trip to Disney World and then documenting it, are just a couple.

It is with that passion and focus I now push all my chips to the center of the table. I have faith that the hand that God has dealt me will be enough to be successful in the way He wants me to be. He has given me the skills to have a successful ventriloquist ministry now all I have to do is the work to take advantage of the talents and opportunities He's given me.

So with the publication of this post I'm publicly putting myself on the line. I'm going to be a better ventriloquist. I know when it comes down to being one or not being one I already am; but I'm going to be better. I'm going to hone my craft. I don't want to be just known as Ron the guy who happens to be a ventriloquist. I want to be known as Ron the ventriloquist. There's a difference and I'm going to do my part to make it happen.

I'm committing to God and myself. In the poker game of ventriloquism I'm "All In".

No comments: