Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Disney Dental Plan


Today my interest in Walt Disney World paid me some dividends, of all places, at the dentist's office. Here's what I mean.

My dentist and I share a common interest and love for Walt Disney World. We always have. I knew he was a fellow WDW fan from the moment I saw the copies of Disney Magazine in his waiting room when I first started going to him nearly 10 years ago.

Anyway whenever I go to see him we usually talk about something to do with Disney. Over the past few years I've loaned him books and tapes about Disney World that I thought he's enjoy.

Today I took him a copy of the book you see pictured to the left. I had recently ordered it from Amazon.com without realizing that I already had it and had read it a couple of years ago. So, once again knowing he'd like it I gave it him. I also gave him a CD of recordings of special guitar arrangements of Sherman Brother's song (aka some of the most popular Disney songs ever written).

He thanked me for them both and said he would take something off my bill as thanks. I told him he didn't have to do that. But as I was leaving the office billing clerk told me that Dr. Whitaker told her because I was so nice I would only have to pay for 1/2 the cost of the special "o" rings I had replaced in my partial while I was there. It saved me some money.

So there you have at least one time when my interest in Disney and Disney World was beneficial. Now you know that in a strange way today I used the Disney Dental Plan.

No comments: