Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Travel Log From A Turtle


A Message From Ron: Today I'm doing something I've never done before I'm letting another writer post on my blog. Today's "guest" blogger is my turtle puppet, Cecil.

"Hey Everyone!. It's me Cecil T. Turtle. Ron is busy with other things today so I thought I'd take a shot at writing his blog post.

I just got back from a trip to the puppet spa. I had to go to visit Steve Axtel and his staff at Axtel Expressions in Ventura, California.

You see my short little little legs which are made of felt like material had come loose from the inside of my latex shell. I was afraid that I'd eventually move the wrong way and give myself a "legectomy". Whoever heard of a 3 legged turtle. I sounds like the start of a joke.

Also some of the painted markings on the back of my head (you can't see them in my picture) came off when Ron removed the duct tape he used to keep my Santa hat on my this past Christmas.

It wasn't a very pleasurable trip there and back. I went by UPS sealed up in a box both ways. But my time with the Axtel Expressions people was terrific. They were so nice and gentle with me. Using a little glue and some air brushed paint they and got me looking spiffy and new again. My relaxing California vacation cost less than the price of a ticket to Disneyland.

It's nice to travel but it's great to be home. I'm back and ready to help Ron with his ventriloquist act again. I hope from now on he remembers, no duct tape!.

No comments: