Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekly Review #1: February 22-28, 2010

This week's review will include news about moving down allowing me to go up, some new exercise options, the completion of a project, earning some extra money, and some good old fashion book learnin.

Because of the weight I've lost this month (more on that in a bit) I've been able to do something I haven't done in a long time. I pulled down the folding stairs and took some boxes to the attic. Up until now I was still too heavy for the wooden steps to hold me. I'm now able to go up to the attic when ever I need to. No more waiting for someone else to come over and get a suit case down or put up the boxes of Christmas decorations. It's a real NSV (non-scale victory) for me.

In conjunction with that NSV comes a scale victory. I am now at a point in my weight loss where I have less than 100 pounds to lose until I reach my goal; 96 to be exact. I haven't had the most success in dropping the pounds this month but it's been enough that I can now see the "lighter me" at the end of the weight loss tunnel.

This past Tuesday I received a gift from sister & brother-in-law who live in Pennsylvania. They sent me several DVDs with aerobic exercise workouts on them. Their copied them from VHS tapes Gene took home when they was here visiting last October. They're the rest of my Richard Simmons exercise collection. Gene told me he'd copy them for me. Thanks Peg & Gene. Now I have more options for exercise when it's raining outside or I get bored with just walking.

For the first time this year I spent this past Wednesday night home alone. Paula had to go on a two day business trip to Alabama. It was a short trip though. She left in the afternoon on Wednesday and was back in time to go to her Bible study at church on Thursday night. I missed her but was glad it was only for 1 night.

Friday afternoon I finished the extended portion of my recording project that I've been working on for over a year. I finished my Rewind project some time ago but still had some music and other things recorded on cassette. Most of it was from my days working in radio. It's all on CD now and cassette tapes are now a technology of the past for me.

For nearly 2 years it has been my intention to learn how to sell items on Ebay but I haven't.I just haven't committed to doing it. Now I may not have to thanks to a local radio station . Their website has a place to list items you want to sell. It's called "Fleabay" and it's free. Last week I sold our old answering machine and phone system after listing it on "Fleabay". Now I have $25 extra to put on a credit card next month. Its not much but its a start. I'm going to list some more items in the next week or so. Hopefully they'll sell.

Finally, as I mentioned in my last post, I'm trying to learn a thing or two about ventriloquism. This past week I started reading the Maher ventriloquism course lessons. I've also started reading a book about visiting Washington DC. Paula and I plan on spending a day or two there before we got to visit our family this coming June.

So there you have the first "weekly review" under the new RH Factors blog format. Hope you liked hearing about my week. Come back next Thursday for a review of the end of February and the start of March.

No comments: