Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Personal Update

As I begin the last week of April, 2010 there's been a big, but not surprising, change in my daily life. As of April 25 I am off of work for the next 6 weeks. I will be off of work until June 5th due to lack of incoming calls at the ShopNBC call center. I've been promised that I will be called back but I'll believe that when I see it.

In the mean time I haven't heard anything from Fruit of the Loom in regard to the job I interviewed for a little over 2 weeks ago. Not sure if I will hear back from them or at least hear back with a positive response. I'll probably get a "thank you for applying" letter in the mail soon.

On a more positive note, it's been a while since I've posted a weight loss update so here it goes. I've now lost a total of 160 pounds. That means I'm under 250 lbs. I've still got about 75-90 lbs. to go. I'm not losing as fast as I had hoped but at least I'm still losing. I just need to be faithful to my diet and exercise while being patient. That's a hard thing to do.

Received some good news this past week. My older sister, who lives in Pennsylvania, just got a date for her weight loss surgery. Guess what? It's going to be on the 1 year anniversary of my surgery. That's right. She'll be having her surgery on July 6, 2010. I think it's cool that she and I will have the same anniversary date.

A couple of days ago I began my next big music project. I'm going to start importing the music from my CD collection (about 800 CDs) to my I-Tunes program on my computer. This will eventually lead to having it all on my Ipod as well. It's going to take some time but I should be able to carry my entire music collection with me anywhere by the end of the year. At least that's my goal.

Last but not least I want to thank God for the opportunity to share my personal weight loss testimony at my church. This past Sunday evening I stood up in front of my Christian brothers & sisters and told them my personal story of how God brought me to my surgery. I explained what my life was like and how it is today. My presentation included the home church debut of my Ruben Nathaniel Young III puppet. Ruben and I had a little conversation and told a few jokes. At the end, together, we sang a song called "The Roux-En-Y Song" written to the tune of the Beatles song "Yesterday".

Although time didn't allow me to present the Bible study I prepared I was pleased with the way the evening went. A lot of people came up to me afterwards and complimented me. Paula was very encouraging; telling me that she could see a real improvement in my ventriloquism over the last 6 months. I recorded the performance on video with my new camera.

So that's what going on in my life right now. I'm just trying to deal with not going to work and concentrating on staying busy at home. I have a lot of things I want to get done. I am looking forward to becoming even more involved with ministry at church while I have the time. I'm going to help with Children's church for the next month as well as Wednesday night Children's ministry. I'm thankful to God for the chance to finally start serving him again.

Thanks for reading my blog and God Bless.

No comments: