Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Memories Pt. 4


Meet The Awesomes


This final "Christmas Memories" post is about T-shirts.

This year I gave everyone in the family a T-shirt. Five of the them were shirts from the TV show "Cake Boss".

It's the TLC channel realty show featuring baker Buddy Velastro and his family, who own and operate "Carlo's Bakery" in Hoboken, New Jersey. My son, James and his wife, Brandi; my sister-in-law, Theresa; along with Paula and I each discoverd the show and became fans sometime during the year. We talked about it every time we got together as a family.
Brandi even started making cakes herself. I think she was partially inspired by the show.

As a themed Christmas gift I got all 5 of the Cake Boss fans a Carlo's Bakery T-shirt. I had intended to take a picture of all of us in our new bakery T-shirts on Christmas day but didn't. It's something I'm going to try and do sometime in 2011.

My son, Michael and his wife, Heather, were not great fans of the show. Still I wanted to get them a T-shirt that they would like.

During the summer at a get together at our new favorite local restaurant, Cheddar's, to celebrate a family member's birthday (can't remember if it was Paula's or Theresa's birthday) Heather talked about how Michael has started referring to himself as being "awesome". Michael added that he only said that because he was. She said that, as his wife, it was her "job" to constantly bring him back to "reality" in regard to his misconception of his self perceived "awesomeness" by continually denying it. The issue was a running joke between the two of them and they let the whole family in on it.

So, when it came time to order everyone shirts for Christmas I decided to get them each a T-shirt to promote their on going debate. The shirts turned out to be one of the more popular gifts of the day.

Michael told Heather that she would be "required" to wear her shirt in public at least once. Something Heather vowed never to do. The picture you see at the top of this post was put out on Facebook later on Christmas Day.

Now the on-going debate is whether or not this constitutes Heather wearing her shirt in public or not.
Anyway, I thought I'd do my part and introduce you to "The Awesomes" the 4th and final memory I going to post about Christmas 2010.

No comments: