Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Everybody say "Cheesecake Factory"









These 3 pictures were taken last Saturday night. My family traveled to the Green Hills Mall in Nashville. We had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory; a very popular restaurant.  It was a celebration of Michael's 30th birthday; which was May 10.

The picture of me was taken at a store called "Teavana". It's a tea specialty shop on the bottom of levels of the mall. We had time to shop and browse both floors because we had a 1 1/2 hour wait for our table.

The other pictures were taken while we were eating our dinner. It was the 2nd time in a week that the 6 of us got together to celebrate a special occasion. We had a great time.

For me the main part of the meal wasn't all that great; but the desserts were outstanding. Michael, James and Brandi had cheesecake. Heather had strawberry shortcake. Paula and I ordered a piece of a chocolate tower cake. It was a 4 layer, 4 inch high, chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, chocolate chips and whipped cream. It was decadent. Even though we shared only about 1/2 of the piece we both ate too much. We felt a little nauseous on the way home. But it was worth it. LOL

We'll be together again later this month to celebrate Brandi's birthday. It doesn't matter where it's going to be. Hanging out with each other seems to be something we all enjoy.

That's something I'd come to take for granted with my family in Pennsylvania while I was growing up. I'm very proud of the fact that it's now become a tradition with my Kentucky family as well.


No comments: