Thursday, September 15, 2011

Paula's New Ride

After my wife's Oldsmobile "quit" on her the morning of September 9 (my 51st birthday) and it wasn't worth repairing; we found ourselves looking for a new mode of transportation for her.

The day was spent looking for and test driving vehicles, and applying for a loan. We were lucky enough get approved very quickly and to find a 2011 Chevrolet Impala LS. It wasn't brand new but it only had just a little over 20,000 miles on it and it was within our price range.

We started our car shopping adventure just after 11AM that morning and were driving the new car off the lot by 5:30PM. The whole process was fast, and somewhat stressful and a bit surreal. God's hand had to be on us as we were fortunate to resolve our problem in only one day.

So now my wife owns the newest car she's ever owned. She really likes it and  with just a few minor adjustments the payment fits in our budget. Having to financially commit to paying a car payment so suddenly has changed some of our plans for the future (think having to cut back on vacation plans and Christmas gifts) but all in all things will be okay and I won't have to worry because my wife now has a more reliable vehicle.

So last year for my birthday Paula took me to Walt Disney World. This year on my birthday I bought her a car. 
Paula's "Present" Purchased On My Birthday


No comments: