Thursday, January 2, 2014

Eyes On The Denim Prize

In my first post of the year I mentioned setting goals. I've decided that my health/weight loss goal for this year is not based on numbers. 

The proof that I've achieved my goal will not be what the scale says; although I will use the numbers to monitor my progress. 

My ultimate weight loss goal for 2014 is to be able to once again fit into the smallest pair of jeans I have in my closet. 

"Smallest" is a relative term because they are a size 42. 

The last time I wore them was back in the fall of 2010. So I've got 3 years of digression to make up for and get back into those jeans. 

I can see them hanging in my closet every time I go into my bedroom. That means I will be looking at my goal multiple times each day. 
That should motivate me to keep going. 

So in order to reach this goal that's very high priority on my list I have to keep my eyes on the denim prize. 

It may take me all of 2014 but I will slip that metal jeans button through the button hole which will make all the work it's going to take to get to that place, worth it. 




No comments: