Monday, January 6, 2014

Lego Update: Part 2

Back in September I posted about the start of my mission to assemble the VW Van Lego kit I got for my birthday. 



Throughout the last 3 months of 2013 on Monday and Thursday nights, while watching NFL football on TV, I got out my card table and worked on my VW Van. 

I did not get finished with it but I am on the last 1/3 of it. Here's a picture of what I've completed. Notice the details including the lava lamp in the back and curtains on the windows. 



I should be finished with the van by the end of January. I'll post a pic when its complete. 

In the meantime, I've finished my first Lego model kit of the year. It's Lego set # 42002; the Propel Plane. 


Because it's part of the "Technics" brand of Legos; when the propeller spins the yellow pistons in the engine move up and down. Of all the models I've built so far this is among my least favorites. It was kind of confusing to assemble and I don't really like the way it looks. 

Finally, after my trip to the Lego store in Nashville last week I have started collecting the new series of Mini-Figures. Series 12 are all characters from the soon to be released Lego Movie. 

I purchased 6 blind packs and got 5 different figures. 

They are: (left to right from front to back) President Business, Abraham Lincoln, Scribble-Face Bad Cop, Taco Tuesday Man, and Wiley Fusebot. 

I've got 11 more to get and will wait until I can find some secrets online for detecting which figure is in a pack from the outside. 

But there you have an update on my most recent Lego activity. 

No comments: