Thursday, January 23, 2014

Not So Sweet On My Favorite Treat


After reading my blog post about Tastykakes my wife, Paula, mentioned to me that she had never tasted Butterscotch Krimpets. 

That was a surprise to me. With all the Krimpets I consumed over the last year, I couldn't believe that I had never shared a pack with her. Guess I kept my cupcake habit a better secret than I realized.  


I explained to her what they were and how they tasted.  She commented that they may be something she would like. 


The next day I went grocery shopping at Kroger again. As I was checking out just to my right I saw a display of single packs of chocolate coated and powdered Tastykake mini-donuts. But among them were several packs of Butterscotch Krimpets.




I decided that I would buy a pack and give my wife the chance to see what she's missing. 


I waited a couple of days. After dinner I told her I had a treat for her. I broke a single cake in half and we shared it. 


I sat back and waited for her to taste it and tell me how much she liked it. It was just the opposite. She hated it. After one bite, she said that the icing tasted like it was made with lard and the cake had very little flavor. 

After one bite she didn't want any more. So I finished her half of cake. I eventually got rid of the other 2 left from the pack of 3.    

Sorry Paula. I really thought you'd like Butterscotch Krimpets but you didn't.  So now for sure, I'm through with the Tastykakes; at least for the foreseeable future.  







No comments: