Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Technology Upgrade


Last Friday I got my Christmas gift from my wife: a new cell phone. It's a smart phone and I'm very excited about it. 

After reading about all the latest and greatest phones available I decided on this one. 

It's a Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows phone. The deciding factor was the camera. It is very advanced and takes the highest quality pictures of any smartphone on the market today. 

Countless times in the past few years I've been in a situation where I wanted to take a picture and didn't have my digital camera. The camera on the cell phone I had was very low quality. 

Being vaguely familiar with Windows 8 (I have some basic knowledge gained from working for the Best Buy Geek Squad call center) I decided that the Microsoft platform would be a little easier to learn than that of an Android or I-Phone. 

It's only been 4 days and I've learned enough about the phone on my own to make phone calls, send texts, set up email, download apps, and take pictures (although I'm really flying blind when it comes to that). 

Already this phone has opened a world of convenience for me. I can now use Skype and search the internet for anything I may need. 

I can finally start using Twitter the way I think it was meant to be used; on the go. 

I also see things like "Vine" or "Snap Chat" in my future. I definitely plan becoming more connected with social media. 

I've yet to watch any of the tutorials  that are available on the Nokia, AT&T and You Tube websites. But I will take the time to learn as much as I can about this phone over the next couple of weeks. 

If any of you have this phone or are familiar with using a Windows phone please feel free to email me with your comments or tips. I'd appreciate any help I can get. 



  




No comments: