Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Decade Of Preparation

I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago that the ultimate job is one that you'd do even if you didn't get paid. 

This past week I got one of those types of jobs. In this part-time position I'll be doing some of the same things I've been actively doing for quite a while. 

I'm not going to give the details, here online, but I will tell you that its a part-time job where I will be working with children in a local "after school" program. 

For the last 10 years, I have actively been teaching and ministering to kids at my church. I have been planning and presenting lessons and teaching children's church at my church. 

During that time I have worked with every group from preschool to middle school age. I know how to relate to all of them. 

The skills that will help me be successful at this job: creating crafts, making up games, telling jokes and stories, entertaining with puppets, I've been honing over the course of a decade of ministry. 

As I stated earlier, this job is just part-time; only 18 hours a week. But other than getting used to the setting it shouldn't be much different than when I'm working with the kids at church. 
This will be a good addition to my resume too. 

I found out this past Friday, that I'll be working 5 days a week from 2-5:30 in the afternoon at a school in Bowling Green. I'm looking forward to applying my skills to help kids on a daily basis. I'm grateful for the opportunity. 


No comments: