Sunday, March 30, 2014

Finally...An Opponent

Back at the beginning of February, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that the gym at our church had a ping pong table. 

Throughout the month, I went to the church and practiced on the half folded ping pong table. 

I haven't been able to do that since hurting my knee at the end of February. It was just recently that it felt strong enough to even consider any kind of exercise at all.

Tonight my church held a special event that included sharing a pot luck meal with picnic food and watching the Kentucky Wildcats play in the NCAA Elite Eight. 

As is common during events like this the gym was open for anyone to use. I decided to take advantage of the situation and got the ping pong table out of the equipment closet. 

Zac, the pastor's son came over to play with me. A church member named Mark, his daughter, Allie, and his wife Jennifer all came over to play as well. 

We played a few doubles games. Mark's family shared their side of the table. Zac and I were doubles partners the entire time. 

I was very happy just to finally get some live opponents for the first time since I found out about the table. 

At one point Mark and I had the chance to play just against each other. He's a really good player. It was fun and challenging playing against him. It's great when you have to sharpen your game to compete with the skills of others. 

I'm sure there are others in the church who would like to play table tennis too. In the weeks to come I will make an attempt to get them all in one place and have a lot of ping pong fun. 





   

No comments: