Wednesday, March 5, 2014

TWIL #2

It's been a little more than 7 days but Here's my second offering of "This Week In Lego."Just a few things on the agenda for this edition of TWIL. 

Here's the 2nd of the trio of models I am building out of Lego Creator set # 5764. This one is called "Lasercat". When I first finished putting it together I didn't like it. But because I take pictures of all my builds I set Lasercat up to take some shots. Here's one of them. 



I think it shows that the model is nothing special. But I have another picture that actually gives him an animated look that reminds me of the very likable Pixar character WALL*E. See if you agree. 



I was just trying to get views of the model at different angles but I inadvertently posed Lasercat in a way that gives him personality. Now I really like Lasercat. 

This past weekend I purchased my 3rd Lego display case made specifically for mini-figures. This inspired me to get out my entire mini-figure collection and set it up in my living room to enjoy. Here they are all 100 of them. 



Come visit me and you can see them in person. Now there are a lot of cool mini-figures including the latest series from the Lego Movie. But without a doubt my favorite is the one that's was given to me by my friends, Mark and Patty

They saw it in the gift shop at the Louisville Slugger Museum and bought it for me. Ironically it's not a Lego figure. It's made by a company called "Oyo." Modeled after one of my all time favorite New York Yankees this is the mini-figure of Derek Jeter. 




The last item on my TWIL report for today is a decision that will give me something to write about in my next report.
 
Last Sunday I purchased tickets to a Lego expo taking place in Indianapolis, Indiana this coming Saturday. My son, Michael will be going with me. Its not an official Lego sponsored event. But is organized by an AFOL club (Adult Fans Of Lego) called Brick World. You can find out more about that organization and their activities through this link. 

Brick World Website

I'm excited about going because everyone there will be a Lego enthusiast who loves the hobby as much as I do.

I'm sure the event will have plenty of opportunities for pictures and stories I can post next week.

 That's it for TWIL this time. See you again soon with more on the expo in Indianapolis.











No comments: