Tuesday, April 1, 2014

In Case You Didn't Know

It's been 11 hours since I published my blog post for today and put up a status on Facebook about it. 

As of the writing of this 2nd post for today, I have gotten no reaction from that first post. Zero, nada, nothing. 

So either you are all extremely compassionate and didn't want to tell me what a bad idea it was or you realized that this was my April Fools day joke for this year. 

That's right, my post about being an "original" was a joke. The video included was intentionally created to be awful. 

While there were elements of truth in it the majority of my announcement of my career changing decision was intentionally flawed and absurd. 

I am a little disappointed that I didn't get any reaction at all. At the very least I would have expected at least one or two "you can't fool me today" responses. But I didn't. All I got was "crickets." 

In my experience writing and performing comedy I know that when a joke totally bombs you drop it like a hot potato. So before April Fools day 2014 comes to an end I had come clean with my "reveal." 

I hadn't published a post on April 1st in 3 years since my "Disney dream job" post back in 2011. I thought for sure I'd get somebody. Guess not. 

This was the only April Fools joke I attempted today even though I had a great idea for another one. So I guess I can learn from today's "failure" and start working toward next year. Maybe I'll get you then. 

No comments: