Friday, April 11, 2014

New Disney Stuff

Other than showing the things I bought at the Disney Store Outlet last week, it's been about a month since I've written anything about Disney on this blog. So it' time for some an update. 

A lucky find for me today while shopping at "Wally World". This cool shirt was only $7.50. 




They had Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in the same pose but I only wanted this one, cause I'm a "Goofy Guy." Can't wait to wear it. 

I have added some new songs to my music collection. They're new arrangements of some well known Disney songs for the piano. The artist is Tom Ameen. 


He is an avid fan of Disney music, especially songs used in the theme parks. He has released a new album of his favorites that are both different and relaxing. 


The album "Magical Moments" has softer versions of songs from classic animated movies and theme park attractions. It is a great follow up to his first release of this genre; "Piano and Pixie Dust." 


If you want to download some smooth enjoyable versions of some of tunes that will bring back some of your favorite Disney memories, Tom Ameen's music is for you. 


You can find the albums on I-Tunes and Amazon. I highly recommend it. 


To find out more about Tom Ameen and his new music I recommend listening to Episode 1326 of the WDW Today podcast. Here's the link. 


WDW Today Podcast with Guest Tom Ameen  


Also I would like to recommend a trio of new Disney books that I think a real Disney fan will enjoy. 


Once again I'd like to recommend Lou Mongello's new book: 102 Ways To Save Money For And At Walt Disney World. 




I am reading it myself right now and will present a full review on this blog once I've finished. Look for that in the near future. 


Another book I'd like to recommend is "The Book Of Mouse: A Celebration of Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse" by Jim Korkis.  You can also find it on Amazon.com. 



Mr. Korkis is a Disney expert and historian extordinaire. I have read 3 of his other books (look for them on Amazon as well) and have found them both entertaining, and informative. 


Finally, author Ridley Pearson has released his final book in the Kingdom Keepers series. This the 7th book following the adventures of Fin Whitman and his friends as they take on the darkest element of the Magic Kingdom. 




I have really enjoyed this series so far and look forward to seeing how it ends. 


Again, find this book where all fine books are sold.   


One final thing for this "Disney update" post. Something that did quite work out the way I wanted it to. 


Yesterday, Disney celebrated a landmark anniversary of their infamous "It's A Small World" attraction. It debuted at the New York World's Fair 50 years ago, April 10, 1964. 


To mark the anniversary Disney hosted a global sing-along online. As part of that celebration, Disney fans could record themselves on a special website and submit it as part of the special event. 


On Tuesday I went to the website and recorded myself singing "It's A Small World" while playing my ukulele. 


After I got the recording the way I wanted it to be I hit the "submit" button. Later that day I got an email telling me that there was a problem with my video and it could not be used. 


I never got the chance to send another. So there's "15 minutes" of Disney fame that I didn't get. Oh well, at least I have an idea for a future video blog post. I'll bet you're anxious for that.  


That's what's new for me in Disney these days. 









No comments: