Thursday, May 1, 2014

Milestone At The Start Of May

I was so focused on getting yesterday's post finished so it would be dated as the last one of April that I didn't mention something very important.  It was the 700th for RHFactors. 

In addition to it being a milestone post, it was also rather long; so I'll make today's a short one. 

I have now "officially" finished recording the music from my vinyl records to a digital format adding about 150 new songs to my music library. This brings the tally in my personal collection to over 11,000. Not all of that is music but most of it is. 

Now that the record project is complete I can move on to setting up my in-home digital recording studio. The USB sound mixer that I got for Christmas 2 years ago can now be connected to my computer. 

I may have to invest in a new microphone and some audio cables to complete the set up but that's just a matter of figuring out what I need and getting it.

 I am not an Audacity "expert" by any means. But after working with it again, I know enough to do what I want to do. I will be using the program for my future digital recordings.   

Soon I will be able to record my Rewind programs here at home and not have to go to the church sound booth like I have over the last 4 years. 

This first day of May was a unique one for me. Since, like yesterday, the events revolved around Lego, I won't give you the details now. Look for them in a post later this month. 

Finally, it's been nearly 2 weeks since I've posted a picture of my granddaughter here. Today I'll put up two. One of them I've already put up on Facebook and Twitter accounts. The other I copied from my daughter-in-law's FB page. Both of them are among the front runners for my favorite candid shots of Aria so far this year. 





 A rather short post I know but I promise there will be longer ones in the near future. 


No comments: