Friday, May 2, 2014

Looking Ahead

As the month of May gets underway I am looking ahead to what will probably be the busiest month of the year so far. 

Yesterday was the official release of the Lego Simpsons mini-figure set. This is a ground breaking venture by the Lego company. The 13th series are the first licensed characters to be released solely as a mini-figure set. 

Due to the anticipated popularity they will be in high demand. This means that I'm going to be implementing a different approach to collecting them. More on that once the process is complete.   

I also have another month of the twice-a-week "Lego classes" at the school. We are now into discovering how to merge assembled Lego and software to create a really cool moving model. 

I also have a month of working for the after school program before the last day of class on June 4. 

Paula continues to work long hours on the special project she's been a part of for the last year at her job. 

She is planning on taking a couple of days off during this month. She really needs to do something to have some fun and relax. During those days her wish will be my command. 

On a personal note I am looking at either a major or a minor road trip during the 3rd week of May. No matter which of them I end up taking I will be able to cross off yet another "I've always wanted to do that" off my list. 

Last, but probably most importantly, I have a busy month with my church activities. I am teaching Children's church each Sunday morning during May. I enjoy teaching 4,5 and 6 year old kids at Oakland Baptist. While it is always an important responsibility this time it means a little bit more to me. 

I am going away from the usual curriculum that is taught and making my own set of lessons. They will focus on creativity. I will be utilizing all my resources and abilities to teach the kids that God has made them to be creative just like He is. 

Those resources include my Lego collection, my wide variety of ventriloquist characters, and playing the ukulele. 

If these lessons go well I plan on trying to contact other churches in the area offering this special program to their children. But I'm getting way ahead of myself. 

Also I am scheduled to sing with Paula and our friends, Patty and Mark at church one Sunday during May. 

Mark and I plan on singing one of our favorite patriotic songs during the morning worship service over Memorial Day weekend. We may even revive our Vinny and Eric characters from a couple of years ago and perform a little sketch leading up to the song. 

Speaking of music, I have once again agreed to teach the music sessions for our church vacation bible school in the middle week of June. 

That means throughout the month of May I have to learn the songs and the motions for this year's program so I can be prepared to make it fun for the kids. 

Add to these things:  riding my bike and walking my dog for exercise (the walking is for both our benefit) each day, and celebrating Mother's day and a pair of family members' birthdays, and you have, like I said one busy month. 

I'm not complaining just looking ahead. I'm going to do my best to prioritize and accomplish what's important first. 

One thing's for sure I plan on having some fun along the way and posting about all I do as it happens. 






  





No comments: