Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Next Step


Been away from the blog focusing on moving forward with other things this past week. But today I have a major announcement that will effect the future of this blog and it's content.  

In the past I have had difficulty posting videos to this blog so I've been limited to sharing just pictures.

I've been putting off expanding my internet footprint in order to allow my readers to see videos I want to share with them. But there is something online that I want to participate in during the next few weeks that requires making a You Tube video. So there was only one thing to do.   

Today I am proud to announce you that I have created the RHFactors You Tube Channel. Here is the link. 

RHFactors You Tube Channel

Please go to it and subscribe to have access to all the videos I plan on putting up in the future. That includes those I write about on this blog and those I don't. I'd appreciate it. 

I am still working on setting up the channel and there's only one video uploaded as of this post. I'm kind of flying blind and learning about this social media that has become an integral part of everyday life in the world. 

Now on to the story behind my first posted You Tube video. Three years, ago in 2011, my friend and associate pastor at my church, Mark, and I created a couple of characters to help promote the upcoming week of Vacation Bible School. 

Since both of us grew up in the northeast, Mark in New York state and me in New Jersey, our characters, Vinnie Gandalfo (Mark) and Eric O'Leary (me) were exaggerated versions of residents of New York City. 

We wrote and performed 3 short sketches that year and they were well received. Ever since then we've been talking about doing another one but hadn't had the opportunity. 

This past Sunday, May 25, the Memorial Day holiday gave us a reason to bring Eric and Vinnie back. 

Built around a song we wanted to sing to honor all who have served in the military, Mark came up with an premise and most of the dialogue for a sketch. I added some jokes, my ukulele, and some special effects. 

The results of our efforts is in the first video I've posted on my You Tube channel. Below is a direct link. 


Now this is not a perfect video. The audio is not the best and during the song my mic does not work very well. But overall I'm proud of this sketch. Not bad for a couple of amateurs.

So there you have my major announcement. I now have a You Tube channel so you can look forward to more videos directly connected to this blog, videos of my ministries at church, ventriloquist videos and more.

This is a new door I've opened for me but I'm just taking the first step down a new road. I invite you to come along on this journey with me. I'd appreciate any support I can get. 


No comments: