Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Digest 2

This has been a busy week. I know I always say that but it's true for specific reason this week. More on that later. 

Time for my personal roundup of some things that I've done over the last few days. 

Let's start with a new experience from last Sunday night. Our church borrowed the "fun van" from a local ministry, "Curbside Ministries". 



The van is filled with all kinds of arts & craft supplies, games, sports equipment, bubbles and more. It has just about anything you could imagine that's interactive and a kid would like. 

It's an amazing tool that allows those who drive it to bring the gospel to the children in neighborhoods that normally wouldn't have a connection with a church. 

A large group of both children and adults from Oakland Baptist church took the Curbside van to a local trailer park and invited all the kids to gather around and have fun. 

For about 45 minutes the kids made bead bracelets,played with bubbles and had a kickball game. Just before we gave them their treat as a "thank you" for coming we had them all sit down in front of the van. It was my turn to contribute to the ministry effort. 

I greeted the children and over the course of our spontaneous conversation one of the kids mentioned a monkey. As a way of getting their attention I gave them my own personal impression of a monkey. The same one that got the kids to laugh when I was in 4th grade. These kids laughed too. 

I did about two minutes of banter with Cecil. He sang his own special version of "Jesus Loves The Little Children". 

I then gave a basic lesson about the gospel using something that's commonly called "The Cross Trick". I don't have video of my presentation from that night but here's a link to a more elaborate version by gospel magician Mike Bliss from YouTube. What The Cross Does To Sin

After my gospel message we handed out popcicles to all the kids. To say they enjoyed them is an understatement. With his parent's permission I want to show you just exactly how much one of the youngsters from our church enjoyed his cool treat. 



 The outreach ministry to the kids of that trailer park will continue each Sunday night through the end of July. 

My favorite Aria pictures of the week have my granddaughter enjoying some ice cream. Or at least she's contemplating enjoying it. 


Oh there she goes. She really loves her ice cream. Her Papa taught her how to eat it right. 

On Tuesday I finished my latest Lego model. It's the one I told you about in last Saturday's post. 



It was a lot of fun to put together and runs a really close second as my favorite of the 3 models made from this set. There are several cool features on this one. Here's a link to a RHFactos You Tube channel video that spotlights the telehandler.
Lego Telehandler You Tube video

Finally, in this Friday digest, I want to remember this week as the week I got back to riding my bike. I still enjoy it. 

Because of the deteriorating condition of my knees, I'm not quite sure I'll be able to ride the distances that I used to a couple of years ago. But I'm just getting back to riding so I'm going to give it some time. 

This week I've taken it a bit easy, only riding a two mile round trip to the Bryce Inn. The only motel in Smiths Grove. Here's a selfie I took to while I was there. 

The other reason I took this picture outside the Bryce is text it to my sister, Shari. It's the place that her and her family stays when they come to visit us here. 

Their next visit starts this weekend. That's why I've been busy this week. I've been preparing and getting things ready around the house for their visit. 

The four of them will be here from Saturday until Friday. I wanted to let you know that because I may be taking a few days off from blogging and just visiting with them. 

But then again, I may have a lot to write about during the week. Keep checking back. 

That's all for this RHFactors Friday digest 2. Have a good weekend. C U again soon.   













No comments: