Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Week In Pictures

Took a break from the blog yesterday to focus on something that was a lot more important. 

Been taking quite a few pictures with smartphone over the last couple of days. Today I want to share some of them with you. 



This is the latest shot of the new Crossroads IGA store that's been under construction since the beginning of the year. It's scheduled to open for business in the middle of the month. 

This new business will change the retail grocery and traffic volume in "The Grove." But how is yet to be seen. 



These beautiful cumulus clouds decorated the evening sky as Paula and I were driving home from church on Sunday night. I only know what kind of clouds they are because my friend, Mark, told me. He used to be a weather guy in the Air Force. 

Here are a couple of my favorite pics from Paula's birthday on Tuesday. 



These dolls are based on my wife's favorite movie of the year: Maleficent. I always get her roses for her birthday. 



This bouquet is one of the best I've ever given her. They were a bargain too. I got them at the flower shop in our local Kroger store. 



This was the beautiful and delicious chocolate birthday cake from the Sweet Temptations bakery in Bowling Green. Our friends, Patty & Mark brought it over to surprise my wife on her special day. It was a great finish to her birthday dinner. 

Yesterday at 7:45 in the morning a crew of about a dozen workers from CMS Roofing arrived at my house. They proceeded to rip off old shingles and pound down new ones.  

Four hours later we had a brand new roof. 


  

This last picture of an glass tank full of baby bearded dragons was taken at in the reptile section of the Aquatic Critter pet store in Nashville, TN. 

One side of the store specializes in tropical and saltwater fish as well everything needed to make an amazing fish tank. The other side had all kinds of reptiles: lizards, snakes, frogs, geckos and more. There was even a good sized cayman (a species of alligator) on display. 

It was an amazing store; very clean and almost odor free. Something that you don't find in a pet store.

I went there with my son, James, today so he could look around and get some of the supplies for his salt water fish tank. 

So there you have a few of the pictures I've taken lately. They really represent what my week was all about. 

No comments: