Monday, July 28, 2014

Latest In Lego

It's been a busy month in a lot of ways and my world of Lego is no exception. I have assembled 8 models so far in July. I have shared pictures and stories about half of them with you already. Today I'm going to show you the rest. 

Let's start with one that you've already seen. The Emmet Construct-O-Mech model from The Lego Movie. I mentioned this in the 2nd part of my family vacation series last week. 

Now, as promised I have uploaded a 4 minute video showing the features and details of this model. I must warn you though. If you are among the pop culture derelicts who haven't seen The Lego Movie yet this video could be a bit of a spoiler. 

Emmet's Construct O Mech Demo

For several months now I have been trying to build the 3 models of the Lego set, Aviation Adventure. But shortly after I opened the kit and started building I realized that there was an entire bag of pieces missing. 

I ended up making two orders to get the missing parts from Lego but they were sent to me free of charge (thanks Lego). 

I've already shared the speedboat I built from the kit. Here's the expert model from this kit: a prop plane. 


I really really like this model. There are some really cool features to it. Here's the link to the demo video on my You Tube Channel. 
Aviation Adventure Prop Plane Demo


For me, the process of making advanced Lego models takes a couple of days. It takes a while to see the results. Sometimes I like to have immediate results when I work with Lego bricks. 

That's why I still buy kits that are a little easier to build. This past week I made some bubble pack models: A Rocking Horse...


...and a Turkey. 

Come November this bird will complement the "Thanksgiving Feast" bubble pack kit I got last year.


The last model I want to share with you in this post I just completed last night. It's the last of 3 models I've built from the Lego Creator "Cool Cruiser" Kit#5767. It's a sports car that Lego calls a "cabriolet". I just think it's cool. 

There are a lot of unique aspects and features to this model. They are best demonstrated in a video. Again here's the link to my You Tube channel. 
Cool Cruiser Cabriolet Demo

Finally, this past week on the "Brick & Bloks" Lego themed blog published a post that featured a preview of the next series of mini-figures. The information was released as part of San Diego Comic Con. Here is the photo that accompanied the post. 
Lots of interesting and unique offerings in this set. The guy in a pig costume, the goth girl, wizard, and rock star are the ones that caught my eye. 

They won't be released in blind bags until October but that will give me some time to study them and figure out what to look for when I start buying them for my collection. 

You're up to date with all the latest in Lego for me. My next report will feature one of my favorite types of models but haven't built in a while. Keep in touch to see what it will be. 













No comments: