Wednesday, July 30, 2014

MidWeek Surprise

Just a short post today to tell you about one of those little moments that happen in life that make it a bit easier to get through the day. One of them happened today. 

My wife, works extremely long stressful hours at her job. Some days she leaves the house before 7 in the morning and does not return until after 8 at night. 

Since going back to the office after she had some time off at the beginning of the month the demand on her time has gotten even greater. This past weekend she worked at least 10 hours both days. Earlier in the week she worked a 17 hour day not getting home until 1AM. 

Obviously she does not have much of a life outside of the office these days. When she does manage to make it home she is exhausted both physically and mentally. 

I do my best to make the time she has at home as calm and relaxing at possible. So she can sit and enjoy her time off and possibly "refuel" as much as she can. 

That's why today I did something for her that I knew she'd enjoy. I offered to take her to lunch.

When I picked her up from the office I suggested that we go to The Lunch Pail. It's the small cafe inside of the Montana Grill restaurant. 

Without her knowing it I had arranged for my daughter-in-law and granddaughter to meet us there. 

Paula had not seen Aria since she was at our house nearly every day during the week my sister's family was here visiting. 

I could tell my wife was in need of an "Aria encounter" so I made arrangements for Brandi and her little one to surprise her at lunch. 

She got to spend an hour with our precious 2 year old. As you can see, Aria was glad to see us too.  

They had a great time together playing with the sugar packets on the table and fishing the ice out of Aria's drink cup with a spoon. 

It's not easy for me to have to watch Paula have to go through such a stressful time at her job; especially since I am currently "between full time jobs" for nearly 9 months now. 

But I do my best to make things as easy on her as possible. I try to keep things together here at the house. I also make sure I have dinner ready for her whenever she manages to make it home at night. 

When you love someone sometimes you know what they need without them ever having to ask for it. I knew that spending time with Aria in the middle of yet another busy and stressful week was something that would make my wife smile and ir did. Of course, I couldn't have made it happen without some help. Thanks Brandi. That hour together meant a lot to Paula. 

Still and all I'm humbly going to take credit for a very good idea. Every once in a while being right feels really good; especially when it helps someone who means the world to you.  

No comments: