Friday, August 22, 2014

Latest In Lego 3

Time once again to present the pictures and videos showing the Lego models I've built over the past 11 days. 

This edition of "Latest In Lego" will include a miniature version of an internationally recognized icon, a model Don Quixote would pursue, and something that will help you get "the scoop." 

Let's start with the model I previewed for you at the end of my last "Lego" post.



This is the latest addition to my Lego Architecture Landmark series. The Sydney Opera House is as associated with the country of Australia as the Statue of Liberty is with the USA. This model is the second non-domestic landmark model in my collection. 

It's unusual appearance and elements made its construction a bit out of the ordinary. As you can see, the results is a model as unique as the real life building itself.  


This windmill is the first of 3 models I am going to build from the Lego Creator Small Cottage 31009 kit. There is more to this model than can be shown in one picture. More on that later in the post. 


This power digger from the small but cool sixty-four piece 31014 Creator Power Digger set has amazing detail for a model that fits in the palm of your hand. It also has a working arm which you will be able to see in what I present to you next. 

This link will take you to a video that I've posted on my RHFactors You Tube channel. This video is different from the others I've posted. This is a 3 in 1 deal. 
Lego Opera House, Windmill, Power Digger Demo

The last item for this post is a link to another video. It gives a brief history of the Lego and the family who created them. It was posted on You Tube back in 2012, the 80th anniversary of the company. I really enjoyed it both times I've watched it. If you are a Lego enthusiast or just like a good success story watch this one. The Lego Story

That's the "Latest In Lego" for this time. I'll be back in a few days with what I've put together and any other news about on of my favorite hobbies. 

No comments: