Thursday, September 25, 2014

Latest In Lego 4

Been really busy uploading videos from my recent trip to the Smokies to my You Tube channel today. But I'm not quite ready to post about the details but I will be soon. 

For today, it's time for another "Latest In Lego" post. It's been about a month since my last brick update. 

This edition includes pictures of the 2nd models built from a couple of 3-in-1 Creator kits and a symbol of the change of seasons, the item I bought at the Lego store on my birthday, now assembled, and a Star Wars Starfighter. 

I have decided to show you these items in a video on my You Tube channel. It's about 4 1/2 minutes long. I mention in the video that I would be posting some still pictures but I have decided not to do that. Here's the link to the video: Latest In Lego: September 2014 Edition


It's been a pretty slow month as far as new Lego products is concerned; but that will be changing soon. 

Lego VIP club members (Surprise! I am one) can get the 2014 Santa's Workshop set early and for a special price this month. 
This will make a great display come the holidays. I will order it some time in the next couple of days. 

Also, the mini-figure Series 16 that I wrote about in the first "Latest In Lego" post back in july go on sale one week from today. 

There are a lot of interesting characters in this set. "Guy In a Pig Suit" is probably my favorite, but I like all 16. 

I may make a trip to the Lego store in Nashville like I did when the Simpsons set came out. But I will more than likely go to "Toys R Us" in Bowling Green. It's a lot closer. 

Finally, a bit of a change of course in a project I started eight weeks ago. 

Remember the large quantity of Lego parts I bought at the second hand store at the beginning of August? 

While Paula and I had a lot of fun sorting them when I first got them; I wasn't as satisfied with them as I thought I would be. 


I've decided to donate them to a local children's ministry program. 

The Curbside Ministries, that I visited back in January still sends me a newsletter through email. In one of their letters the director mentioned they need Legos for the kids to play with. I have the answer to at least part of that need. 

There you have the "Latest In Legos" for September. 





No comments: