Friday, January 23, 2015

Household Clearance

As the first month of 2015 comes to an end most of my initial tasks for January have been accomplished or at least started.

After a fit of frustration, some adjustments, rearranging of things in the room, I've gotten my recording studio set up with my new headphones, monitoring amplifier, and mic boom. I'll be featuring the completed setup in a future post. 

I have sorted the receipts I kept from last year. Now I have gathered those I need for filing our tax return in a couple of weeks. 

I have once again continued my "LEGOcy" by getting back to building the set I started back before Christmas. It's the first step in reaching my goal of putting together all of the sets I have in my Lego kit queue by the end of the year. 

I have been successful in cutting out my massive soda consumption (I was drinking 64 oz. or more everyday) and limiting sweets and carbs. I am well on my way to improving my physical health to get it to what I want it to be by my birthday in September.

One of the "bigger" projects I plan on doing this year is making space in and organizing the rooms in our house. This means going through the stuff that's in them and deciding what we need to keep and what can go away.

On a personal basis this means going through my Lego, puppets, t-shirt collections and "thinning the herd." 

I will either be donating the "gotta go" stuff to our local Goodwill store or selling it.

I will be doing that through various social media platforms. I am not going to do E-bay right away because I want to offer my stuff to my blog readers, Facebook friends, and Twitter followers, first. 

I will also be posting to a local online "yard sale" and Lego Buy & Sell pages on Facebook. Items will have a set price and will be sold on a "first come first serve" basis. 

So keep reading my posts or look for announcements in those other places I mentioned. 

The first item should be put up and posted within the next week. Come back and see if it's something  you can't live without at a bargain price. 



No comments: