Saturday, October 24, 2015

December Vacation Plans

Last weekend Paula and I decided to do something we've never done before. We're going on vacation in December. 

Now that I have been at my job for close to a year, I can take a week off and Paula has vacation days she needs to use by the end of the year. 

With the week we're going being late autumn and very close to the start of winter; places we'd like to go up north would already be cold. We're going to be driving and don't want to take the chance of having to drive through or getting stranded by snow. 

Therefore we have decided to head south for our getaway; more specifically; we're going back to Central Florida. 

Now anyone who knows me, knows that Central Florida usually means just one thing to me: Walt Disney World. 

Because we have had 2 previous vacations that centered on the "most magical place on earth"; this time we are going to try to enjoy some of the other aspects of the Sunshine State. 

Already included in our plans is the fulfillment of a promise I made to Paula more than 4 years ago. I'm going to take her to spend time at a beach. She's not a swimmer so the fact that the water will be cold doesn't matter. She just wants to walk along the shore or sit in a chair and relax in the sand. Enjoying the sun and the waves. We will be visiting either Clearwater Beach or Cocoa Beach during our stay.

We have rented a house from "All Star Vacations Homes" in Kissimmie that has a screened in private pool.  

The only theme park we plan on going to for an entire day, at this point is Sea World. 

Now that doesn't mean that we won't be visiting Mickey and his friends in Walt Disney World.

Ever since December 2002, when things didn't work out for us to spend our honeymoon there, we have wanted to see how Walt Disney World celebrates, the most wonderful time of the year, Christmas. 

Our plans include exploring the resorts and shopping areas to see the decorations. 

One night we will be at the Magic Kingdom as "guests" at the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.  

So now that the "when" and "where" and some of the "what" of our 2015 vacation has been decided I can now start my gathering information that will help us get the most out of it. 

I am in full trip planning mode. Over the next 6 weeks I will be gathering information on some of the "non-Disney" things we might want to do.   

Of course the Florida weather is tricky at this time of the year. The average high temperature is in the lower 70s but I have seen it be much colder than that. This only means that packing the right clothes could be a challenge. One good thing is that, on average, Florida gets its least amount of rain in December than any other month of the year. 

I am looking forward to our trip. It will be our first long road trip in our new Kia. The next six weeks will be full of excitement and anticipation. 

Of course, once we get back I will be sharing all we do on my blog. 

Have you ever been to Florida in December? What did you do there? How was the weather? Any hints or suggestions to help us have a good time? Let me know.    






   





No comments: