Sunday, November 27, 2016

Holidays Interuptus

Thanks for coming back to my blog. As you know, I am in the middle of a 4-part series trying to get you caught up on what the end of summer/early fall was like for me. 

The last 2 posts are on their way. However I do have to let you know that there will be a bit of a delay.  

As I write this the 5 day weekend we had over the Thanksgiving holiday is coming to an end. 

Those days consisted of: preparing the house and some of the food on Wednesday, eating food and spending time with family on Thanksgiving; helping my sister-in-law bake fruit cakes and then clearing out our living room in preparation for the tree and decorations on Friday; our granddaughter came and helped us decorate our Christmas tree then I worked on my Christmas Lego display on Saturday; Sunday saw another visit from our granddaughter and Paula & I went to our son's house to try his 2nd ever deep fried turkey for dinner. 

So as you can see it was a very busy weekend. As the first full week of the holiday season begins, I've got a whole slate full of things I have to get done. 

We have some family members coming in for a visit next weekend and we are hosting two of them here at our house. I have to move some things around for that to happen. 

In addition, I want the house to be decorated so we can have at least some type of Christmas celebration with them. 

So what I'm saying is that it's not very likely that I'll be blogging this week. But when things settle down I will come back and finish my current series and share the details of our family's visit. 

I appreciate your loyalty to my blog. Keep checking back. I'll be here again soon. 

No comments: