Sunday, October 15, 2017

A Post About "Nothing" ?

Hey everyone. I know I need to write a post but I really don't have much to share this week. 

I don't know how Jerry Seinfeld and his staff and cast spent 9 seasons on "Seinfeld" writing and performing shows about "nothing". 

It's easy to handle nothing when you're a kid. How many times does a parent ask a kid, "what did you do in school today?" and they answer "Nothing" and that's the end of it. 

Some people can deal with nothing and some people can't. I'm pretty sure I fall on the side of the latter. 

My wife has been saying for years that at times she wishes she could get me to just sit back and do nothing. Like when we are on vacation, sitting on the beach, or at home watching TV. I just can't seem to deal with doing "Nothing". 

Having "Nothing" to write about is the task ahead of me, if I'm going to publish this post (and if you are reading this I have). 

My wife was home all week dealing with a health issue that took a while to get a handle on. So I spent most of the week taking care of her.  

She's improving and on her way to recovering. Now it's just a matter of regaining her strength and catching up on the sleep she missed during the nights she didn't feel well.

When one is in a situation where there is really nothing to discuss it is conventional to go to two sources: the weather or sports. I have no idea what the temperature is or what the forecast in your area of the country may be so...here comes the sports.  

First up is the baseball playoffs. The Yankees made an amazing comeback against the #1 seed in the American League, the Cleveland Indians. 

As far as I'm concerned they are now playing with "house money". They weren't expected to get this far. So they've already proven themselves. 

Of course I will be disappointed if they don't win the World Series but I will also be satisfied with how they've over achieved this year as well. 

The 2017-18 NHL season has only just started but the Nashville Predators have already played one of the most exciting hockey games I've ever seen. Last Tuesday their home opener was against the Philadelphia Flyers. 

Late in the 3rd period they trailed 5-3. With 1:17 left in the game, they got a pair of 5 on 3 power plays. They scored 2 goals in 41 seconds and won.  
It promises to be another exciting season for the Nashville hockey team; their 20th. 

I'm about to start building an Lego Expert modular building, The Plaza Theater. 
I've had this set since December 2015 and am only getting around to it just now. 

It's by far the largest set, in regard to number of pieces, 2169, that I've ever put together. I will share pictures of my progress and the finished result as I complete it. 

In my September 29th post I wrote about going to grandparent's day at my granddaughter's school. It was a unique experience seeing her there for the first time. 

This past week I saw her again in the school setting in a couple of ways. 

First, I saw her first school picture. This isn't the best copy but its the one I got. 
Then this past Thursday, I saw her in a picture on the Facebook page of a local TV station. Their weatherman posted a picture where he had visited Aria's class to teach them about preparing for the weather. Can you find Aria? 

This weekend my wife and I got to do our favorite thing...
This little guy and his big sister spent some time with us at our house. 

He enjoyed playing with the magnets on our refrigerator just like Aria did when she was his age. 
Aria played with her new toy, a character from My Little Pony (her favorite cartoon) made as a Rubick's Cube type puzzle.
We got her a Happy Meal from McDonald's for her supper (her request not our idea) which came with a My Little Pony toy. It allowed her to become her favorite character, Rainbow Dash. 

And of course her Papa had to try it on too. 

The most fun we had was when we were together in my office playing instruments and enjoying the music. 
In the middle of each of these moments I took some time to mentally take a step back and appreciate the moments for, not only what they were, but what great memories they will be as they grow up. 

Today, the month is half over. But there is still a lot to happen in October. 

This coming weekend my grandson is going to turn a year old. Some of my family who live in Pennsylvania are traveling down to help us celebrate. 

I am going to be attending a seminar, in Nashville, that will help me get started doing something I've been wanting to for a couple of years now. 

Then of course there's all the events and happenings surrounding and on Halloween. 

As I go back and read over what I've written in this post I realized something. This post isn't about "nothing"; it's about my life. Something I've always written about since I started this blog 9 years ago. 

Since life is truly the ultimate blessing from our Creator it is far from "nothing". In fact it's just the opposite, it's everything. So I have added a question mark to the title of this post. 

That's all for now. I've got to go find more things to write about. But I guess that's life, huh? 





  




  






No comments: